Assistance for Family Caregivers
If you find yourself caring for an aging loved one, you are not alone! Premier Home Care is here to assist by providing “respite care” for the family caregiver (i.e., a wife caring for a husband or a daughter/son caring for her/his parents). Constant caregiving can bring considerable stress. Very often, we see that when we give relief with daily routines, allowing the family caregiver(s) more time for themselves, the relationship strengthens.
Premier Home Care can help you by providing:
- Caregivers who can help you take a few hours off, without feeling guilty or stressed, while you take care of yourself or other members of your family. Giving yourself a little bit of time away may be just what the doctor ordered and will help you to be a much better family caregiver.
- In-home assessments. We routinely perform in-home assessments that result in a customized care plan for your loved ones. You may choose to have us carry out the care plan in whole or in part, or you may simply choose to use the care plan to improve your own ability to care for your loved one.
- Access to information and training. We have access to (and offer) a wealth of information, training and resources for caregivers.
- Fall-prevention assessments and training. One of the largest sources of injuries among seniors is falling. We can help you assess the risks that your loved one faces and provide education on how to minimize the risk of falling. Also, if you request, we will even conduct a free workshop on fall prevention for your group. Visit the Fall Prevention section to learn more.
- Home safety checks. We have extensive experience in the multi-faceted process of ensuring that your loved one’s home is safe, which is vital to maintaining independence for as long as possible.
- Support and understanding. We can help you get connected with support groups and individuals in our area that can help YOU, as well as help you care for your loved one.
So if you or your family are in need of some help, don’t hesitate to contact us. You can talk to us about your unique situation, schedule a free in-home assessment, and be well on your way to a happier, healthier life for you and your loved one.
Financial Assistance Programs
Tax Credit for Home Care Services
For people aged 70 and over, choosing to remain at home has never been so easy. Revenu Québec offers a monthly or yearly reimbursement of 35% of the expenses related to home care services. Premier Home Care offers a complete program of home care services, to ensure you stay in the comfort of your home. All services and products offered by Premier Home Care are eligible for tax credits offered by Revenu Québec.
Cheque Emploi Service
Premier Home Care is pleased to support the CLSC's Cheque Emploi Service program to help lower our hourly rates for qualified seniors.
Mark and Laura did a fabulous job finding a caregiver for our elderly mother. They took the time and patience to meet with us to figure out her various needs. She is not ready to go into a senior's residence and with the onset of alzheimer's looming, compounded by loneliness due to covid, we needed to find someone who not only spoke her language but also would be there as companionship.
...They have done an absolutely super job providing friendly, helpful, careful caregivers, both as regulars and when I need last minute replacements to cover a shift for a private caregiver who cancels. I've been using the company now for 7 months and I recommend it 100%. The owners are great people who are super involved and helpful, and have made my mom's life so much better and my life too.
Working with Mark and the team was excellent. They took great care of my mom in her time of need and I was always kept informed and consulted on important decisions. Everything was well organized and easy. Thanks for everything you do!
Mark, Laura et Suzanne font une belle équipe à l’écoute de nos besoins.