Fall Prevention Program
Request a Free Fall Prevention Workshop for Your Group!
Premier Home Care is proud to be the West Island of Montreal “resident experts” in fall prevention. Let us share some ideas with your family, friends, company, organization, or group about how to prevent one of the most catastrophic events in the life of a senior citizen.
Did you know that:
- 70% of accidental deaths in people over the age of 75 result from falls?
- 40% of all nursing home admissions are attributable to repeated falls at home?
- 1 out of every 3 seniors who lives independently in their homes will seek medical care for a major fall each year? If you are over 75, the likelihood of falling is even greater.
- 25% of seniors who suffer hip fractures die within one year?
- Survivors of falls may experience debilitating fractures of the hip, wrists or spine?
- Falling, or the fear of falling, often times leads to loss of confidence, imposed isolation and immobility?
As you can see, the consequences of falling are very serious to seniors and their families. We are very concerned about the effects that falls have on seniors. We routinely speak to groups, both large and small, about how to prevent falls. We have developed a dynamic presentation (ranging from 20 to 60 minutes in length) that we would love to share with your group. In this presentation, we share such things as:
- The frequency and effects of falls among seniors
- The most common causes of falls
- Things you can do to reduce the risk of falling
- What to do when someone falls
- How to tell if you or someone you love is at risk of a fall
With each presentation, brochures, videos and other materials are available for each person. In addition, each senior will have the opportunity to participate in a free risk assessment. If you would like us to present this valuable program at your group’s next meeting, simply contact us.
Financial Assistance Programs
Tax Credit for Home Care Services
For people aged 70 and over, choosing to remain at home has never been so easy. Revenu Québec offers a monthly or yearly reimbursement of 35% of the expenses related to home care services. Premier Home Care offers a complete program of home care services, to ensure you stay in the comfort of your home. All services and products offered by Premier Home Care are eligible for tax credits offered by Revenu Québec.
Cheque Emploi Service
Premier Home Care is pleased to support the CLSC's Cheque Emploi Service program to help lower our hourly rates for qualified seniors.
Mark and Laura did a fabulous job finding a caregiver for our elderly mother. They took the time and patience to meet with us to figure out her various needs. She is not ready to go into a senior's residence and with the onset of alzheimer's looming, compounded by loneliness due to covid, we needed to find someone who not only spoke her language but also would be there as companionship.
...They have done an absolutely super job providing friendly, helpful, careful caregivers, both as regulars and when I need last minute replacements to cover a shift for a private caregiver who cancels. I've been using the company now for 7 months and I recommend it 100%. The owners are great people who are super involved and helpful, and have made my mom's life so much better and my life too.
Working with Mark and the team was excellent. They took great care of my mom in her time of need and I was always kept informed and consulted on important decisions. Everything was well organized and easy. Thanks for everything you do!
Mark, Laura et Suzanne font une belle équipe à l’écoute de nos besoins.